Welcome to Year 6
Mrs Whitaker (6W class teacher)
Mrs Ball (6W LSA)
Mrs King (6W 1:1 support)
Mr Rhodes (6R class teacher)
Mrs Christie (6R LSA)
Miss K (6K class teacher)
Mrs Johnson (6K LSA)
PE days are on:
Tuesday for 6W
Thursday for 6R
Thursday for 6K
Library days are on:
Thursday for 6W
Tuesday for 6R
Monday for 6K
Homework is handed out on:
Friday and it is due in the following Friday.
Children in Year 6 are expected to complete this and hand this in.
Children will be rewarded for their efforts.
Reading is incredibly important, not only because it is very enjoyable and a nice way to relax, but because it develops reading skills, writing skills, enhances our knowledge of vocabulary and makes us more creative! Children in Year 6 are expected to read with an adult, or alone, at least 4 times a week, and evidence this in their home reading diary. The type of book that your child reads is up to them - it can be fiction or non-fiction - just something that they enjoy and want to read! After all, reading is all about enjoyment and pleasure :)
Our Year 6 Community Charter:
- Stay in your seat unless given permission to get up.
- Put your hand up to speak.
- Work together as a team and encourage one another.
- Keep your hands and feet to yourself.
- Listen to an adult the first time.
- Trust the people around you.
- Try your best at all times in all that you do.
- Find the courage to challenge yourself!
- Listen when somebody else is talking - both children and adults.
- Respect all people and belongings / property in the room.
- Forgive people for mistakes.
- Walk and use quiet voices at all times when inside – this will create a peaceful classroom.
- Remember – honesty is the best policy!
- Ensure our books / uniforms are always beautifully presented.
TOP TIP - always treat one another how we would want to be treated and remember, if you have nothing nice to say, don’t say anything at all!
In everything we do, show:
Year 6 termly Topic Webs: