Welcome to Year 5
Year 5 Team
Class Teachers: Mr Tiffany, Mrs Buckley and Miss Phillips
Learning Support: Mrs Spencer and Miss Matthews
- Swimming day is every Wednesday morning, please make sure all children bring the correct swimming kit and towel.
- Library days: 5BP Monday afternoon, 5T Friday morning.
- PE day is Friday for both classes.
Class Charter for 5BP
- We respect others and their opinions
- We use kind words towards one another
- We keep our hands and feet to ourseleves
- We listen to others
- We think before we speak
- We always try our best no matter what
- We are trustworthy and honest
- We always try to share a smile
- We put our hand up when we contribute to class discussions
- We have high expectations of ourselves
Class Charter for 5T
- Good sitting, listening and looking
- Respect others and school property
- Be polite and helpful
- Always be honest
- Try your hardest at all times
Homework will be given out throughout the year when appropriate. This may range from a project based task, research and consolidation of classroom learning .
Year 5 Non-Negotiables
- Weekly spellings will be given out which they will need to practice for their test the following week
- The expectation will be that children read at least 3 times a week at home and record this in their reading journal
- Children should know their times tables up to 12 x 12 and be able to recall these facts at a rapid pace
- The correct uniform and footwear should be worn