Welcome to Year 5
Welcome from the Y5 teachers 2020-2021!
Year 5 Team
Mrs Whitaker (class teacher)
Mr Allsworth (additional adult)
Mrs Wright (class teacher Monday and Tuesday)
Miss K (class teacher Thursday and Friday)
Mrs Talbot (additional adult on Wednesday)
Mr Armitage (additional adult)
Members of Pupil Parliament
Both 5W and 5KW have their PE day on Wednesday and need to wear their PE kits for this.
From Autumn 2, children will be able to take their reading books home but taken only from the class library and not the whole school library. When the children have finished their book (this may mean they want to keep it for several weeks), they must hand it in on the next Friday morning. At this point, the book will be quarantined over the weekend (over 72 hours) before becoming available in the class library again. This is all in line with our school's Covid-19 risk assessment.
The children receive their spellings every Wednesday and take these home to learn. They will then be tested on the following Wednesday, before being issued their new spelling list.
- The return of swimming lessons: TBC
- The return of using the school library: TBC
Year 5 Non-Negotiables
- The correct uniform and footwear should be worn at all times.
- Weekly spellings will be given out which they will need to practice for their test the following week.
- The expectation will be that children read at least 3 times a week at home and record this in their reading journal. This can be done independently as well as with an adult / older sibling.
- Children should know their times tables up to 12 x 12 and be able to recall these facts at a rapid pace.