Welcome to Year 5
Year 5 Team
Class Teachers: Mrs Grant, Mrs Hesselwood and Miss Kyriakides (Miss K)
Learning Support: Mrs Mitchell, Mrs King and Miss Martin
Member of Pupil Parliament
- Swimming day is every Wednesday morning, please make sure all children bring the correct swimming kit and wear their PE kits.
- Library days: 5K Tuesday afternoon, 5GA Thursday morning.
- PE day: Thursday for both classes.
Class Charter for 5K:
- We will stay in our seats unless given permission to get up.
- We will put our hand up to speak.
- We will work together as a team and encourage one another.
- We will keep your hands and feet to yourself.
- We will listen to all adults and follow instructions the first time.
- We will trust the people around you.
- We will try our best at all times.
- We will find the courage to challenge ourselves!
- We will listen respectfully when somebody else is talking.
- We will respect all people and belongings in the room.
- We will forgive people for mistakes.
- We will walk and use quiet voices at all times when inside – this will create a peaceful classroom.
- We will ensure our books are always beautifully presented.
TOP TIP --> always treat one another how we would want to be treated and remember, if you have nothing nice to say, don’t say anything at all!
Class Charter for 5GA:
We want our classroom to be a fair and happy place, where everybody feels safe and can learn.
So we all promise we will:
- Follow instructions the first time, every time.
- Listen to one another.
- Show one another respect.
- Keep our classroom tidy and organised.
- Help one another to be the best that they can be.
- Do our best.
Autumn 1 Homework
(Additional homework may be given out at the teacher's discretion).
Year 5 Non-Negotiables
- Weekly spellings will be given out which they will need to practise for their test the following week.
- The expectation will be that children read at least 3 times a week at home and record this in their reading journal. This can be done independently as well as with an adult / older sibling.
- Children should know their times tables up to 12 x 12 and be able to recall these facts at a rapid pace.
- The correct uniform and footwear should be worn at all times.